Carefully read Chapter 3 of Poor Economics by Banerjee and Duflo. Address the following questions in a clear, concise, organized manner. Make sure to include an introduction and conclusion. This blog post is due on Friday, February 3
- Summarize the argument or thesis of the chapter.
- Pick out a relevant statistic in the chapter
- How do the authors introduce the statistic?
- How do they use the statistic to reinforce the basic thesis of the chapter?
- What questions do you have about the statistic? Is it realistic? What is missing? Are there alternative interpretations?